Providing experience, objectivity and understanding to employment matters
In today’s fast moving environment there are many drivers for completing workplace investigations, some of which are:
- To determine the facts surrounding potential harassment or discrimination
- To provide the framework for appropriate disciplinary action
- To be compliant with with Federal and State laws
- To ensure a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment
- To mitigate costly litigation and provide support for summary judgment
- To increase employee productivity and reduce turnover
- To reinforce cultural values of an organization
Companies may perform investigations on their own behalf or may use external counsel to perform the investigation.
Investigation reports are discoverable in litigation and the investigator is subject to being deposed and called as a witness to litigation. The advantages of hiring an independent investigator include:
- Experience with investigations - An expert will be focused on the proper way to conduct investigations, which may reduce potentially costly mistakes.
- Lack of conflict of interest– Eliminates any potential conflict of interest if internal employees or external counsel had previously handled the investigation.
- Attorney/client privilege - Conversations with the employer’s outside counsel can remain privileged if an independent investigator is tasked with fact-finding.
- Independence - Removes the possibility of the existences of management (including human resources) may have a conscious or unconscious bias towards protecting the company, or may not be able to effectively identify the facts of a matter.
- Transparency of investigations – Will show employees and a potential jury that you take these matters seriously and want objective fact-finding in pursuit of the truth.
Additional advantages of hiring Strategy People Culture, LLC Investigators
- Philosophy – Strategy People Culture is managed by a former C-level executive who is legally trained and an HR expert; we are impartial in our investigations and empathize with the concerns of all potential parties in mind.
- Focused Experience - We have experience conducting investigations involving all levels of employees across many industries.
- Pragmatic - Strategy People Culture understands the importance of meeting legal obligations and being practical with our clients.
- Attorneys – We are licensed attorneys, not practicing lawyers, and will not replace your attorney.
- Cost effective – Strategy People Culture is often less expensive than hiring outside counsel.
- Respect - Strategy People Culture is respectful of everyone involved and understands the complexities that surround these issues.
- C.A.R.E.TM – The cornerstone to Strategy People Culture’s operating principals: we operate with Conviction, Adaptability & Accountability, Realness and Enthusiasm. Our goal to help employers understand the circumstances leading to our involvement is important to us.
- Ethics and integrity are elements in everything Strategy People Culture does.
- Confidential - Strategy People Culture’s strong code of ethics prevents disclosure of client information beyond the legal boundaries of subpoenas, depositions and litigations; no information will be shared with outside parties unless legally required to do so.